PRECISION-ENGINEERED DIESEL PERFORMANCE
A PROFESSIONAL-GRADE HEAVY DUTY PICKUP IS DESIGNED TO WORK HARD WITHOUT MAKING THE DRIVER WORK HARD BEHIND THE WHEEL. THAT’S WHERE THE UPDATED 2017 GMC SIERRA HD EXCELS, THANKS IN NO SMALL PART TO OUR MOST POWERFUL DURAMAX DIESEL EVER.
A professional-grade heavy duty pickup is designed to work hard without making the driver work hard behind the wheel. That’s where the updated 2017 GMC Sierra HD excels – whether you’re trailering a boat or carrying a heavy payload, GMC’s heavy-duty pickup trucks deliver an unrivaled blend of capability and driver confidence – and we’ve built upon that tradition for 2017.
2017 Sierra 2500HD
Starting MSRP1: $33,890
2017 Sierra 3500HD
Starting MSRP1: $34,990
OUR MOST POWERFUL DURAMAX DIESEL ENGINE…. EVER
Sierra’s available Duramax Diesel is something of a legend in the heavy-duty pickup truck market – but legends can’t rest on their laurels. That’s why GMC engineers have continuously worked to refine and enhance an engine already known for its proven performance and durability. The latest iteration of the Duramax Diesel 6.6-liter turbo-diesel V-8, available on both the2017 Sierra 2500HD and 2017 Sierra 3500HD heavy-duty pickups, is the result of their unwavering pursuit.
Our engineering teams left no stone unturned when it came to advancing the Duramax Diesel. An all new induction system, which draws air through a scoop neatly integrated into Sierra HD’s boldly-sculpted hood, provides cooler airflow and contributes to the increased horsepower rating of the engine. Radiator capacity was increased over previous models to provide enhanced powertrain cooling performance. Driveline enhancements, including a stronger front prop shaft and larger U-joints, were made to increase strength and improve reliability.
The result is our most powerful Duramax Diesel yet. The 2017 Sierra HD’s 6.6-liter Duramax Diesel is rated at 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque – tremendous power that can be easily leveraged to effortlessly move heavy loads off the line, climb grades or merge a loaded fifth-wheel trailer onto a busy freeway. But power is only one piece of the puzzle – like the Sierra itself, this updated Duramax Diesel is capable and refined. This is also the quietest idling Duramax diesel engine ever offered in a Sierra HD. Features contributing to its improved quiet operation include an all-new fuel system, acoustic treated rocker covers, and fuel injectors clamped directly to the cylinder head.
ADVANCED CAPABILITY AND CONTROL
Capability is nothing without control. That’s why the 2017 Sierra HD includes several advanced features designed to make towing and hauling even the heaviest loads and trailers an incredibly simple task. These features include:
• Exhaust Brake – Available Duramax Diesel models also include an integrated exhaust brake, which – in conjunction with the Allison transmission -- leverages the engine’s backpressure to slow the Sierra HD, reducing the need to use conventional brakes. This exhaust brake is also tied to the cruise control, allowing a set speed to easily be maintained.
• Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Prep Package – available on Sierra HD, this package neatly integrates the foundation for a gooseneck or fifth wheel trailer hitch into Sierra HD’s frame and eliminates the need for aftermarket bodywork.
• Trailering Camera System – This dealer-installed option lets Sierra HD drivers keep unparalleled tabs on their truck and trailer from various vantage points, making maneuvering easier.
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller – Designed to provide precise control of electric trailer brakes, this feature is available on Sierra 2500HD and standard on Sierra 3500HD.
• Hill Start Assist – When accelerating from a stop on steep inclines, Hill Start Assist briefly applies Sierra HD’s brakes – and, if equipped and connected, electric trailer brakes – to prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards when transitioning from brake to accelerator pedal.
• Trailer Sway Control – Sensors help detect a swaying trailer, and the system helps bring it back in line by applying both Sierra HD’s and the trailer’s brakes (when properly equipped).
• Digital Steering Assist – Available on select Sierra HD models, Digital Steering Assist eases steering effort when maneuvering at low speeds, reduces steering effort needed to return to center, and can adapt to crowned road surfaces, reducing the need to constantly correct steering.
The updated 2017 Sierra HD – in both Sierra 2500HD and Sierra 3500HD forms – will be arriving at GMC dealers nationwide in November 2017.